Gran Fondo New York (GFNY), a global cycling marathon series continue to expand its portfolio to Malaysia for the first time ever. With a total 14 races next year, GFNY Malaysia has been announced as the fifth GFNY race in 2017, after GFNY Mexico City on March 26.
The race will be opened for all levels from amateur to professional. With a tagline of ‘Be A Pro For A Day’, GFNY aims on giving everyone the experiences of cycling like a pro in a global bicycle marathon.
Proud to say, the race will be held in Ipoh, the capital city of the state of Perak and is one of the biggest cities in Malaysia. It is located at a distance of approximately 200 kilometres to the north of Kuala Lumpur.
Ipoh is surrounded by beautiful limestone outcrops with wonderful cave temples; some of Malaysia’s biggest attractions are only a couple of hours away by car. The start and finish of GFNY Malaysia is in Tambun, Ipoh, Perak where the course will wind through lush rainforest and along the limestone hills.
Why join GFNY? Because you get to be BE A PRO FOR A DAY! And you also get these:
- Mass start
- Rankings based on finish time and podium awards
- Official race jersey, made in Italy
- A race in an attractive tourism destination for cyclists and family
- Individual chip timing from start to finish with awards for all categories
- Closed roads or police moderated traffic that ensures you don’t have to stop during the race
- Unique winner medals to all category winners.
- Unique prizes for Gran and Medio Fondo winners.
- European cut men’s cycling jersey, provided by GFNY Malaysia to every rider and is mandatory attire for the event
- Aid stations
- 1 day expo with sponsor booths and GFNY merchandise store